- Niche is pronounced as nich or neesh.
- Vincent van Gogh was a pastor's kid.
- Magnatune delivers 60-minute, commercial-free podcasts of Rennaissance music.
- Rubberneck is an intransitive verb that means "to look about, stare, or listen with exaggerated curiosity [e.g., 'Drivers passing the accident slowed down to rubberneck']."
- Claire Messud is beautiful.
- James Joyce's Araby is best read and heard.
Saturday, July 08, 2006
Mouse Potato Adventures # 1
When you've got too much housework and so much to shake off from your mind, there's only one reasonable thing to do: reach for the mouse and hop from one site to the other, and you'd discover interesting stuff, like: